Cant connect thru Dlink DFM-560ES modem

Rajev Mhasawade rcmpost at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 08:48:10 UTC 2005

Hi,
I have installed Fedora core 3 on my system.I have Dlink's DFM-560ES
external analog modem.I am not able to install it.Plz help.

I browsed thru help pages and to know no entry of 'hosts' file is
present in network configuration(they have told u need the default
one-127.0.0.1)I looked thru /etc/hosts.conf file (order hosts,bind)
and /etc/hosts file(127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost) having
the entries typed in brackets.I dont know if this relavent here but
those had mention on help pages)

when i select dev/modem it does nothing but if i select the entry just
next to it(i cant recall it) it does try to dial the modem with wierd
noises.I tries with all sets of modems types available and used to get
failed to connect error2,6,8 either of these.

Plz help.
Rajev