FC1->FC3 untouched upgrading posibble ?...smashing the head on the machine ... again and again

M.Clasen m.clasen at freenet.de
Mon Feb 7 12:11:17 UTC 2005

Hi list,

how can i remotley upgrade a FC1 machine to FC3 ?

it is in a housinglocation in another city and the damn installation has
errors, what i hope to solve with an upgrade.
I have root with ssh and like to ask here first, if this is possible or
not so fine idea ;)

i have errors on that machine, what i cannot fix in short and there is
noone out, who can or will, and i need this damn machine, so this seems
to be a quick opinion with a little chance, to solve the problem.

if anyone is interested, to prevent me from this stupid idea, i like to
invite you to have a look at this:

http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=33018
or look at the thread of "Sendmail permission problems" from Friday here
in this list.

Over that, i like to ask, if anything is ok with my questions, my FC
problems, my english or myself ?! I ask this, because i feel not really
serious supported here. Paul Howarth and Joe Orten are the only People,
suporting me in the past, were Joe told me, to keep discussion here on
the list and dont do it private, what i thing, is the right way. He
really got enought to do and he is not my private docfather.

Maybe i got more response, if i ask, how to configure the apache
webserver or change the colors of my desktop ... ;)

grettings from a cold and sunny clear germany :)

Michael