timsieved

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Mon Feb 7 15:57:41 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-02-07 at 09:33 -0600, Aleksandar Milivojevic wrote:
> Craig White wrote:
> > On Sun, 2005-02-06 at 20:51 -0600, Aleksandar Milivojevic wrote:
> >
> Well, there's 4 predefined rules (whitelist, blacklist, vacation, and
> forward).  For anything else, there's button "new rule", you click on it
> and define the rule using GUI.  You can't edit the script in an text
> editor (well, you can, but ingo is not going to like it).
>
> Smartsieve is the same.  You should not manually edit the script it
> generated (if you intend to continue using smartsieve).  The only
> difference, for scripts not generated by smartsieve, it opens it in text
> editing box.
----
Doh - I get it now. That is somewhat clumsy and of course, my lengthy
script - even if uploaded using sieveshell and named 'ingo' the same as
in my configuration, the 'working' script is empty. As you say, ingo no
likee.

I hope that this means that you don't always have to build it from
scratch. I will try this as another user as losing my rules tends to
flood my inbox in short order.

Probably should have something like a 'bulk' loader for copy/paste or
load from file for existing rule sets.

Thanks

Craig