Integrating FC 3 and Windows Domain?

Aleksandar Milivojevic amilivojevic at pbl.ca
Mon Feb 7 16:04:43 UTC 2005

Hasan Basaran wrote:

> Hi folks,
> I have installed FC 3 and I want to log on my Linux box with Windows
> Active Directory Users account. How can I do this? Someone who did this
> before please tell me the way.

There's an Microsoft document describing in detail how to do something
like that (Windows Server 2003, you'll be using Active Directory for
storing user info, and Kerberos for authentication).
Windows_Security_and_Directory_Services_for_UNIX.pdf.  You can download
it from:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=144F7B82-65CF-4105-B60C-44515299797D&displaylang=en

It is 400 pages long, but all you actually need is contained in maybe
20-30 pages somewhere in the middle of it.  Basically the document
describes how to migrate Unix clients to use Windows based services from
both implementation and project management side.  For what you need, you
can skip (large) sections dealing with project management.

With slight modificatins, you can use it to get things the other way
around too, make Windows machines authenticated against Unix based
Kerberos KDC.