Solution Coming Re: Fedora Community: Under threat?

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 7 17:06:36 UTC 2005

Scot L. Harris said:
[snip]

> Then we just need to tie that into an AI script that views new questions
> on the list and responds automatically with the answer in the wiki.

The Fedora Answers Magic 8-ball... :-)

"Reply hazy, try again later."

Having a script send automatied responses probably isn't a good idea.  I'm
sure we've all had the tech support experience of the script grabbing onto
one keyword and giving completely nonsense replies.

Having a central place to send people to for detailed replies would be
good, but don't expect it to stop people from asking the same questions
over and over.

--
William Hooper