KDE and GNOME apps

Duncan Lithgow duncan at lithgow-schmidt.dk
Mon Feb 7 17:43:44 UTC 2005

On Monday 07 February 2005 18:25, Øyvind Lode wrote:
> Hi
>
> This may be a dumb question but I'm not that familiar with the Linux
> desktop...
>
> Can I run GNOME apps on KDE and vice versa?
>
> For instance:
> As I understand it a app called K3b is a cd/dvd burning app for KDE.
> Can I use K3b in GNOME??
>
> -Øyvind

Hej Øyvind,

Sure you can, if you have synaptic or 'smart package manager' you can search
for the app you want in there and it'll get it working for you. Unfortunatley
(at least running KDE apps in Gnome) you basically need to install most of
the KDE environment - even though you don't want to use it... I'm sure
there's a good reason for that somewhere.

As an idea when posting to this list it's nice to show what you've already
done to answer you question. Have you...

a.) searched on google or google/linux
b.) looked at http://www.fedorafaq.org/
c.) searched the archive (hey, sometimes it helps)