Fedora 3 Install (con't)

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Mon Feb 7 17:48:23 UTC 2005

Greg Swallow wrote:
> Ok, have tried others and get the same results with my Fedora Core 2;
> burned on a PC running Windows2k and formerly installed on this system.
> Does the same thing. Red Hat 9 downloaded version installs. And, Red
> Hat 9 Enterprise Linux WS installs. Mandrake 9 also.
>
> Burning CD on Dual 1.8GHz G5 PowerMac with 1gb RAM, and 8xDVD-R/RW
> SuperDrive. Don't think it's the Mac.

I understand that this is that the install gets part-way through and
then demands the install CD.

Have you tried burning the CDs at the slowest speed possible?
Occasionally that helps.

Have you verified the CDs at the beginning of the install?

Alternatively, you could try doing a network install. This link
( http://www.linuxhomenetworking.com/linux-adv/network-install.htm )
talks about Kickstart, but most of it is applicable to normal network
installs. You'd need to set up an FTP, HTTP *or* an NFS server on one of
those computers.

(Incidentally, it helps if you keep the exact same subject OR reply to
one of your earlier posts OR do something else to get the References
header into your e-mail. Your e-mail came nowhere near your earlier
ones, making it difficult for me to see what the problem was).

Hope this helps,

James.

--
James Wilkinson       | It is a mistake to allow any mechanical object to
Exeter    Devon    UK | realise that you are in a hurry.