copy/paste firefox prob on fc3

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Mon Feb 7 17:53:59 UTC 2005

jbrown wrote:
> Copy url from location bar in firefox window (right-click or ctl-c take
> your pick), close firefox (setup kinda paranoid - history, etc, etc
> destroyed on firefox close, no cookies, no non-original site images
> loaded, javascript disabled except for image replacement, blah, blah,
> etc), open firefox back up, go to paste and .... nothing. Not with
> right-click, not with ctl-v. The middle-click paste not working makes
> sense to me, the app is gone, there is nothing highlighted any longer -
> fine by me).

Yes. It's X Windows design.

I understand that the select and paste mechanism is based on the two
applications agreeing on the format they want to use when the "paste"
request is made. Until then, it isn't really "copied".

> Please don't feed me some bitch-fest on
> you-suck-linux-rocks-you-didn't-do-X, Y, or Z. i don't have the time for
> it. Answer the question. If it involves "editing
> /etc/blah/bonk/you-should-already-know-about-this-dir/random.conf" -
> save it. Automate it and then call me.

It's coming... http://lwn.net/Articles/67795/ is one possible solution.

James.

--
James Wilkinson       | When I was young I wanted to be a fireman, but I
Exeter    Devon    UK | dropped that idea when they explained to me that