Forcing YUM to install devel packages

David Hoffman dhoffman2004 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 17:54:07 UTC 2005

On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 17:50:55 +0000, Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org> wrote:
> kevin.j.lisciotti at jpmchase.com wrote:
> > I currently have an issue with Evolution 2.0.2 where I can't sent mail due
> > to some SMTP errors but receive mail just fine. After researching the
> > problem, I found that it was fixed in 2.0.3 and higher. I was going to
> > manually install the current development version 2.1.4, but after seeing
> > the dependencies list I quickly changed my mind.
> >
> > Is there a way to tell yum to install the development version while
> > satisfying the long list of dependencies? As an interim fix I am using
> > Kontact from KDE, but would like to return to Evolution.
>
> You could do it using:
>
> # yum --enablerepo=development update evolution

True, I didn't know if there actually was a repository that contained
the package. If that's the case, then you should be able to use Yum.

But I also agree with Paul. If there is a problem that can be fixed in
some way, I would sooner fix it in the stable version, rather than use
a development version that has not been released yet.