Solution Coming Re: Fedora Community: Under threat?

Eric Vought evought at diversityink.com
Mon Feb 7 17:54:31 UTC 2005

On Feb 7, 2005, at 11:00 AM, fedora-list-request at redhat.com wrote:

> From: Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>
> Date: February 7, 2005 10:53:28 AM CST
> To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list at redhat.com>
> Subject: Re: Solution Coming Re: Fedora Community: Under threat?
>

> <... snip ...>

> I think it's a good idea actually, though it would be nice if the
> mailing list sign-up site mentioned the FAQ/Wiki as a place to look
> before posting.
>
> Paul.

How about a first-post response? I have seen this work well with other
lists. The first time a new user posts, they get automailed mailed a
brief netiquette flyer and a FAQ list. Their post still goes to the
list, but, by and large, they will read the FAQ and explore the links
while waiting for an answer. One could even get real fancy and do a
search against the archives/FAQ for topics related to their post, but
that may be overboard.

Eric Vought

Technical Director
Diversity Ink