quick question?

David Curry dsccable at comcast.net
Mon Feb 7 19:54:28 UTC 2005

eduardo edoardos wrote:

>I'am installing fedora, but it is not detecting the
>core on the cd...I insert disk1....then this message
>appears  after the medium for installing... I chose
>driver cd..then the core was not found in cd
>driver....so did it burn it wrong or what's going
>on?,,,I can see the SRPMS files on the cd, but..any
>suggestion..thanks...

Eduardo, it appears that you downloaded source code rpms rather than
binaries.

Carefully, read the material at http://fedora.redhat.com/download/  as
well as the release notes available at
http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/release-notes/

For direct installation without having to build the bianaries, download
the isos that DO NOT have RPMS in their names.  That is, download and
burn the following iso images to cds,

FC3-i386-disc1.iso
FC3-i386-disc2.iso
FC3-i386-disc3.iso