Solution Coming Re: Fedora Community: Under threat?

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 7 20:17:14 UTC 2005

Michael W. Carney said:
[snip]
> Neither news.redhat.com nor gmane.org are replacements for the mail list.

I didn't say they are replacements, I said they mirror the content (and
allow you to read and contribute using an NNTP interface).

> Here's what I just discovered:
>

> Redhat's nntp gateway exports the following:
[snip]
> fedora-desktop-list doesn't not contain fedora-list articles.

The fedora-desktop-list is a seperate list.  You want to look at the
rhl-list contains this list (it didn't get renamed when the list did).

> gmane.org's groups also don't contain one to back fedora-list.

I don't think i understand what you mean.

--
William Hooper