Console permissions for USB scanner?

Thomas Zehetbauer thomasz at hostmaster.org
Mon Feb 7 21:59:58 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-02-07 at 19:22 +0100, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Edit /etc/security/console.perms.

I am aware of this solution but as explained in my mail this only works
on USB bus and device numbers and will break if I attach the scanner to
another USB port.

This is a first class example where udev *could* provide advantage over
static /dev obviously it does not :-(

Tom

--
  T h o m a s   Z e h e t b a u e r   ( TZ251 )
  PGP encrypted mail preferred - KeyID 96FFCB89

Those, who are willing to give up essential liberty
for the sake of short-term security
deserve neither liberty nor security.
                                - Benjamin Franklin