kernel-source

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Tue Feb 8 08:48:44 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-02-08 at 00:33 -0600, Billy Rose wrote:
> I did in fact install the .src rpm and found all of the patches. I
> searched the Red Hat website for a howto on patching the kernel source
> only to find a link which points here
> http://www.linux.org/docs/ldp/howto/Kernel-HOWTO/ which in turn took me
> to a very knowledgeable, but nevertheless, useless wealth of information
> for my specific cause that assumes I know the order in which to apply
> the patches. Hence, my first ever question posted to this list which has
> left me flamed in a somewhat undertone for not trying.

For a guide to building your own FC3 custom kernel RPM, try:
http://crab-lab.zool.ohiou.edu/kevin/kernel-compilation-tutorial-en/

> Where are the archives to this list? There is no link that I can readily
> find on the Fedora website. Did I look, yes.

I find the best way of searching the archives is simply to go to google,
enter your query and just add "fedora-list" to your search query.

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>