Installing CUPS RPMS

Mark Haney markh at uptimecomputer.net
Tue Feb 8 12:48:04 UTC 2005

Okay, I'm gonna ask this a different way, I hope it triggers a memory
for someone.  For the last week or so, one of my FC3 boxes hangs when
starting the CUPS service.  I've tried to remove the CUPS rpms and re-
installing them, but in every case during the install of the RPMS the
CPU pegs and the machine hangs.  This box is pretty plain, nothing
special configured on it, no weird hardware or anything.  So the
question is, has anyone seen anything like this?  Or got any ideas on
how to fix it?  I'm completely stumped.

Mark Haney
markh at uptimecomputer.net
Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg) Kernel: 2.6.10-1.760_FC3 GNU/Linux
07:45:31 up 3 days, 22:43, 1 user, load average: 0.40, 0.65, 0.37