cant install from dvd

Kunal Shah kunalv.shah at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 12:59:49 UTC 2005

Not sure if you are so obsessed about installing it from dvd but here is
what you can do.

Download knoppix. burn that iso on cd and boot it from there.

Make partitions, and format any one of them as ext2 that you dont use it
as / or format it during fedora installation. *keep it seperated*

note that partition table. Then insert fedora dvd and use mkisofs to
make iso file of that dvd and store it in new partition you created
( you can simly copy the dvd.iso to that partition).

You can use knoppix to load the boot image and start installation. Dont
forget to mention "linux askmethod" on the first screen before booting.

I dont know your case history however you can use this only if you are
able to boot from cd ( but not from dvd , as you mentioned ).

HTH