cant install from dvd

Aleksandar Milivojevic amilivojevic at pbl.ca
Tue Feb 8 14:22:56 UTC 2005

David Klose wrote:
> i thought that, perhaps, the problem was that my dvd
> drive could not boot as it it a secondary master. Has
> this antything todo with this dvd boot failure?

Usually no.  It may be an issue only if you have multiple DVD/CD-ROM
devices in your system, depending how the BIOS you have handles this case.

However, you haven't answered the most important question.  What do you
see when you take a look on content of that DVD.  Do you see one single
large files, or many files and directories?