Is there anybody using warnquota?

Hongwei Li hongwei at wustl.edu
Tue Feb 8 14:50:30 UTC 2005

Hi,

I posted a question a few days ago about warnquota, but didn't see any
reply.  Maybe, I missed some posts.  Here I post my question again.

I enabled quota in my fc3 linux system.  The repquota -a reports
the quota usage for all users, and if a user uses more qutoa than the hard
limit, the system does not allow that user to create/modify any file.  It
looks okay.

My question is: how to use warnquota to send warning to the
user who's usage exceeds the soft-limit?  I set /etc/warnquota.conf as:

MAIL_CMD        = "/usr/sbin/sendmail -t"
FROM            = "root"
SUBJECT         = NOTE: You are exceeding your allocated disk space limits
CC_TO           = "root at localhost"
MESSAGE         = Your disk usage has exceeded the agreed limits\
 on this server|Please delete any unnecessary files in your email inbox
and in saved email-folders,\
 | e.g. in Sent folder.|Thank you!|
SIGNATURE       = root at localhost

All of the above are defaults, I just comment out those for groups.

But, it seems that it does not do anything. How to run warnquota?  Do I
need to create my own script to run it? as daemon or as ...?

Thanks a lot!

Hongwei Li