SELinux problem (was Re: Is httpd in FC3 chrooted???)

D. D. Brierton darren at dzr-web.com
Tue Feb 8 15:17:03 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-02-08 at 08:34 -0600, Aleksandar Milivojevic wrote:

> This is really strange.  You shouldn't be getting segfaults, and
> public_html should be assigned correct label when created.

Well, it is now thanks to your help! (See below.)

> Are you using targeted or strict policy?

Targeted.

> In both cases, check if you
> have latest RPM installed (selinux-policy-targeted or
> selinux-policy-strict, depending which policy you are using).

Yes, I am completely up2date.

>     # touch /.autorelabel
>     # reboot

That did it! Everything is relabeled correctly now. Apache VirtualHosts
are working, and I can finally get back to work!

I don't know why, but for some reason my /home partition (/dev/hda5,
ext3) was never labeled when I installed FC3. It had never occurred to
me to check. Phew.

Thanks a lot.

Best, Darren