Custom Kernel Creation Documentation Online

David Cary Hart Fedora at TQMcube.com
Tue Feb 8 18:07:12 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-02-08 at 18:01 +0000, Paul Howarth wrote:

> Why use a user "nobody" for building the packages when there is already
> a user called "nobody" defined for a different purpose? Why not use,
> say, "rpmbuild" instead?
>
> Why chown system directories like /usr/src/redhat/* instead of just
> creating an rpm-build tree in the user's home directory?

Of course you are right Paul (you usually are). I was trying to keep it
REAL simple. Let me think it through a bit more. This was a "I can't
take another kernel source thread" reaction quickie -;) Now where did I
put that "whiteout?"
--

         Total Quality Management - A Commitment to Excellence
               Fight Spam: http://tqmcube.com/rbldnsd.htm