Custom Kernel Creation Documentation Online

David Cary Hart Fedora at TQMcube.com
Tue Feb 8 19:21:26 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-02-08 at 13:13 -0600, Satish Balay wrote:

> 1. instead of 'chown' and stuff - just recommend using:
>
> echo "%_topdir ${HOME}/rpm" >> ~/.rpmmacros
> mkdir -p $HOME/rpm/SOURCES $HOME/rpm/SPECS $HOME/rpm/BUILD $HOME/rpm/SRPMS $HOME/rpm/RPMS/i386

> This is much simpler - and sets up the env to use other srpms cleanly.

Thanks. I'm going to revert to that structure this evening.

> 2. %debug_package %{nil}
>
> This prevents the debug package from being generated - but at the same
> time - the debug symbols don't get stripped from the primary
> package. My recommendation is not to use this flag.

I don't think that's correct. It appears to strip without debuginfo
being generated.

--

         Total Quality Management - A Commitment to Excellence
               Fight Spam: http://tqmcube.com/rbldnsd.htm