HTTP/FTP install problem

David Zakar david at zakar.com
Tue Feb 8 19:14:06 UTC 2005

I seem to be having some trouble getting HTTP and FTP installs to work
with FC3 (final release version).

I use the standard linux askmethod option to get it to give me the
choice of a network installation. But when I type in the hostname and
directory, it appends a / to the end of the hostname.

IE:
hostname: mirror.linux.duke.edu
directory: /pub/linux/fedora/core

... is somehow reinterpreted as
http://mirror.linux.duke.edu//pub/linux/fedora/core

Obviously, the installer can't find the appropriate file, and promptly
fails right there. Is this a known problem, and are there any
workarounds? Even just a server that automatically fixes this kind of
error would be good enough.

--
David Zakar <david at zakar.com>