Setting Up Mail Server and Vitual Hosting

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Tue Feb 8 20:57:23 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-02-08 at 15:47, Eric Vought wrote:

> Sorry, there was a very similar question asked the day before, and I
> think most people assumed the question had already been answered. In
> general, try searching the mailing list archives before posting. The
> same questions often come up more than once. Here is my earlier reply:
>
> You may want to look at webmin and virtualmin (webmin.com). Webmin is a
> web control panel for your system's services/configuration. It comes
> with usermin, which allows users to check mail, upload/download files,
> change their password, etc. VirtualMin is a Virtual Webhost control
> panel. It allows you to set up domains, correctly configuring virtual
> hosted mail, websites, ftp permissions, etc., and provides a control
> panel for the site owner to, e.g., create new email accounts, password
> protect directories, etc.
>
> Webmin is available from the Dag RPM repository (wieers.com).

You may also want to look at this program:

http://chaogic.com/vhost/

Have used it in the past and it worked very well.  I noticed they have
upgraded it for FC3 support too.

What is it?
        vHost is a one-step solution for all virtual hosting needs. It
        enables a Linux/BSD server with single or multiple IP addresses
        to function as unlimited virtual hosts with HTTP, FTP, SMTP,
        POP3, IMAP, and other virtual services extentable via modules.
        It comes with both command-line and web-based graphical user
        interfaces, which give maximum control to a domain's owner,
        while relieving the system administrator of most routine
        administration tasks. Other major features include four levels
        of login, comprehensive quota control, and built-in clustering
        capability.
News Flash:
        Dec. 30, 2004 - Version 3.20r1 released. This release includes
        support for DNS running on chroot and/or NAT systems, improved
        command --uphost/--cphost, improvements specific to Fedora Core
        3 and SELinux, and many other fixes and enhancements.

        May 24, 2004 - Website now has a "Contributed" section which
        accepts contributed projects. Modules, web GUI themes, HowTo's
        etc. are all welcome. Share those tricks and hacks with others!

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

Understanding is always the understanding of a smaller problem
in relation to a bigger problem.
		-- P.D. Ouspensky