Solution Coming Re: Fedora Community: Under threat?

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Tue Feb 8 21:08:55 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-02-08 at 00:05 +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> This is probably redundant, but I would suggest to anybody who's
> looking for a good interface to work with the volume on this list to
> use gmail. It threads the discssions better than Kmail did for me,
> it's there when i want it and I'm not waiting to download anything.

Two things:

	* This whole discussion started from a post by Warren Togami indicating
an "imminent" plan to move most end-user support from the mailing list
to a web forum. That was loudly received as a bloody awful idea, and the
thought of using a newsgroup as base, with a gateway to mail and/or web,
was proposed as an alternative. It's not about which mail
clients/providers allow easier threading of mail... it's about mail or
usenet vs. the web fora Warren proposed.

	* Gmail has a nasty habit of modifying reply-to headers, changing
replies to list so that they request direct replies instead of replies
to list. That sounds confusing, so again: you send mail to the list from
Gmail, and when I reply to your post, it goes directly to you instead of
fedora-list. This is hugely annoying. Just as an FYI.

Cheers,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz <rpaiz at simpaticus.com>