ClamAV and zlib

Scott Ryan scott at staff.telkomsa.net
Tue Feb 8 22:06:45 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 09 February 2005 00:05, Alexander Dalloz shaped the electrons to
say:
> Am Di, den 08.02.2005 schrieb Britt Tabor um 22:52:
> > I am trying to install clamav under FC1 and it is telling that I need to
> > update zlib but on the fedora website it does not show this as a
> > supported package. It shows in the FC2 list. How can I update my zlib
> > under FC1?
> >
> > Taborious
>
> The zlib is updated, but not the version number increased. You will have
> to override the zlib version detection by the configure script of
> ClamAV:
>
> --disable-zlib-vcheck
>
> Alexander

I am not so sure this is such a good idea as there has been a serious of
problems within clamd due to zlib issues.
Maybe try posting to the clamav-users mailing list, they will be able to give
you some good advice, a hell of a lot better than mine anyway. ;)

--
Scott Ryan
Telkom Internet