FC3 Install Revisited

Gain Paolo Mureddu gmureddu at prodigy.net.mx
Wed Feb 9 03:32:00 UTC 2005

Greg Swallow wrote:

> One quick try before I hit the sack and this seems to have done it. I
> get the option now to verify the media. And, the install goes into
> graphic mode. Is this going to give me problems after an install?
> Maybe I should change something to avoid a possible conflict?
>
> God Bless,
>
> GregS <><

With ide=nodma, the installation process will be slower, boot of the
installed OS may be slow, or may hang at some point and you may need to
specify that same option in GRUB as command line argument to the kernel.
I'm guessing here, but maybe a kernel upgrade once the system is
installed may solve this problem