FC3 ISO does not detect I82801FR SATA (Dell Dimension 8400)

Jan Morales jan at geezjan.org
Wed Feb 9 06:39:31 UTC 2005

I actually found the answer shortly after I posted the question. There
is a setting in my Dell Dimension 8400 BIOS under "Drives" called "SATA
operation". The default is "RAID autodetect/AHCI". I changed it to
"Combination" (SATA/PATA combination mode) and FC3 installed without a
hitch--I'm using it now.