Small up2date annoyance

Gain Paolo Mureddu gmureddu at prodigy.net.mx
Wed Feb 9 08:17:40 UTC 2005

    I don't know if there is a bug already filed in bugzilla for this, I
haven't noticed this until my girlfriend pointed it out. We've been Red
Hat users since back in version 5.2, but anyway, the point is we, and
more specifically she is familiar with up2date and likes to use it very
much. As of late she made an observation: up2date fails to report the
size of the packages when it lists the available packages for download
and lets you choose them... I did not notice it, but then she pointed
out that since FC1 this happens, not even in Red Hat 9... That got me
intrigued and as such I dare to ask here... Why are packages sizes not
listed? I actually remember that up2date in RH 7.3 and 9 did report the
size of the files and an estimation of the total amount you would
download in that particular up2date session, so (I assume) you make the
decision how much you'd like to download. I did a small search of the
archives (in the nntp server) but found nothing and another search in
bugzilla did not yield results (mind you very fast search), so I
resulted asking you guys...