Error Installing mysql on Fedora2

David Hoffman dhoffman2004 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 08:15:19 UTC 2005

On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 14:03:05 +0900, Mark Sargent
<powderkeg at snow.email.ne.jp> wrote:
> Scot L. Harris wrote:
>
> >On Tue, 2005-02-08 at 23:14, Mark Sargent wrote:
> >

> >>Hi All,
> >>
> >>What have I done wrong here.? Installed mysql via YUM(1st mistake.?).

I don't think it has anything to do with how you installed it or
SELinux. I think it has more to do with the fact that you only
installed the mysql CLIENT and not the server. You can fire up the
client all you want, but if you don't have a server running there is
nothing to connect to.

You should have no problem installing from YUM, but instead of just
installing the mysql package, look for another one called
mysql-server. Install that one too and you should get better results.

--

David