VPN on Fedora

Leonard Isham leonard.isham at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 12:30:00 UTC 2005

On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 06:45:04 -0500, Michael Weiner
<hunter at userfriendly.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-02-09 at 13:16 +0200, Scott Ryan wrote:
> > On Wednesday 09 February 2005 12:34, Beppe shaped the electrons to say:
> > > Hi all.
> > >
> > > I need to create a VPN. I've a Fedora using iptables, on the other side
> > > ther's a Cisco device
> > > already configured with IPSEC and 3DES.
> > > Any solution?
> > > Anyone know if this is possible?
> > I know that Cisco used to provide a client for linux, this was some time ago
> > that I used it though.
>
> They still do, however its for commercial customers, and as such is not
> freely downloaded. I have heard you can use OpenVPN and get it to work.

OpenVPN (http://openvpn.net/) is an Open Source SSL based VPN it
odesn't support IPSec, but it can be used to connect site to site.

Personally I highly recommend it for it's features and crossplatform
support, *nix, Mac OS X, windows.

--
Leonard Isham, CISSP
Ostendo non ostento.