FC3 Install Revisited

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Wed Feb 9 13:10:32 UTC 2005

Greg Swallow wrote:
> One quick try before I hit the sack and this seems to have done it.
[ide=nodma]

Odd.

I don't see any mention of your chipset or IDE adapter (or are you
running SCSI?). I'm running with dual Celeron 433s (so the same core) on
an Abit BP6 (BX based board), and have never had any problems with the
built-in Intel IDE adapters.

You might also care to try the nocddma option to just turn off DMA for
your CD drives.

James.

--
James Wilkinson       | 'Short for "Sic Transit Gloria Humanorum", which is
Exeter    Devon    UK | Latin for "There goes the neighbourhood!"'