VPN on Fedora

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Wed Feb 9 13:41:00 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-09 at 06:45, Beppe wrote:
> Scott Ryan wrote:
>
> >On Wednesday 09 February 2005 12:34, Beppe shaped the electrons to say:
> >

> >>Hi all.
> >>
> >>I need to create a VPN. I've a Fedora using iptables, on the other side
> >>ther's a Cisco device
> >>already configured with IPSEC and 3DES.
> >>Any solution?
> >>Anyone know if this is possible?
> >>

> >I know that Cisco used to provide a client for linux, this was some time ago
> >that I used it though.
> >

> Yes Scott. Actually what I want is not a single VPN Client-Server
> connection but configure a
> permanent and bidirecional connection between local and remote network
> accessible from
> a set of local IP address. So, I think I've to configure my Fedora
> firewall to permit this kind
> of connection.
>
> Beppe

You probably want to check out the OpenVPN solution.

However you may also want to just pop in a dedicated VPN/firewall box
from Netgear or one of the other vendors.  I setup a couple of Netgear
devices once that did a very nice job.  Had a point to point connection
between two sites and also was able to setup a laptop to connect to
either one as needed.  They are relatively cheap and once setup require
very little maintenance.

--

Response brought to you by AutoReponder 0.1
a product of Magic-8-ball productions.