keyboard hang

gorbatron no-reply-gw at fcp.homelinux.org
Wed Feb 9 15:25:16 UTC 2005

Hello,

Linux newbie, unix experienced here.

I'm having troubles running FC3 on a Gateway PIII 550 mhz (512 mg ram)

I want to set it up as a box for asterisk.  I first ran a desktop install just to see the state of gnome et al, machine would consistently hang on HAL daemon.

Not wanting to muck about, I then clean installed a minimum system just to get a command line going.

Here's my problem:

I get to the login and I can manage to type root, but then keyboard hangs, no caps-lock, no nothing.  I then need to physically unplug to the computer to shutdown.

Anybody out there experience something idiotic like this, I just need a prompt !

cheers,

joel

--
This is an email sent via the webforum on http://fcp.homelinux.org