How do I deny user to mount floppy, cdrom and usbstick ?

H. Streit hstreit at swri.edu
Wed Feb 9 15:50:01 UTC 2005

hm, maybe I'm just being a bit of a joykill, but if you don't want
them to mount floppys, cdroms, and usbsticks, (and if they're not
supposed to be mounting anything at all) couldn't you just
  root at localhost# chown root.root `which mount` && \
  chmod go-rwx `which mount`
   And be done with it?
Also, if the floppy, cdrom, and usbstick devices all belong to
respective groups, couldn't you just rip the users out of the groups
in the /etc/group file?