Problem with smb shares.

David Hoffman dhoffman2004 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 16:33:22 UTC 2005

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 19:24:16 +0300, Maxim Eremeev <maxim_eremeev at umail.ru> wrote:
> Which version of Windows do you use? I'll tell you one really scary
> thing: you can actually map the network drive to whatever level within
> the share you are pleased. That's how at least W2K and WXP work (don't
> really remember how it was in earlier versions). It will be like this
> even if you get connected to a Samba server. I would totally agree
> with the rest of your message. But the "Windows people" are right, it
> CAN be done.
> Regards,
> Maxim.

OK, I was wrong again (it happens from time to time). I think what I
was looking at was seeing the available (and hidden) shares and using
the "Map Network Drive" command from Windows Explorer. That command
does not show up at a sub-share level, only at the share level. It can
be done manually though.

In any case, I don't know if smbmount has the ability to do that.