fedora extras not showing up on my yum update

David Hoffman dhoffman2004 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 16:42:04 UTC 2005

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 10:39:15 -0600, David Hoffman <dhoffman2004 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 11:33:30 -0500, A. Rick Anderson
> <a_rick at earthlink.net> wrote:
> > I've got a cron job running yum update every night (actually, early
> > morning).  I created a file (fedora.extras) from
> > http://fedoraproject.org/pre-extras/PRE-EXTRAS and placed it in my
> > /etc/yum.repos.d directory.  I added the checksum keys, as suggested.
> > However, a review of my root email for the last several days seems to
> > show that I am not syncing with the extras repository:
> >

> > What am I missing?
>
> Change the name of your "fedora.extras" file to "fedora.extras.repo".
>
> According to /etc/yum.conf:
> "PUT YOUR REPOS HERE OR IN separate files named file.repo"
>
> I think the extension is important.

By the way, here is a copy of my file. I don't remember where I got it
from, but it works for me:

My file is called fedora-extras.repo and is located in /etc/yum.repos.d

[extras]
name=Fedora Extras - $releasever - $basearch
baseurl=http://fr2.rpmfind.net/linux/fedora/extras/$releasever/$basearch/
  http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/extras/$releasever/$basearch/
  http://mirror.hiwaay.net/redhat/fedora/linux/extras/$releasever/$basearch/
  http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/$releasever/$basearch/