How do I deny user to mount floppy, cdrom and usbstick ?

Scott Ryan scott at staff.telkomsa.net
Wed Feb 9 17:24:30 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 09 February 2005 15:22, Karl-Olov Serrander shaped the electrons
to say:
> Running FC2/FC3 in a sensitive environment we need to deny ordinary
> users the possibilty to read or write floppy/cdrom/usbsticks.
>
> We need to be able to give som users/machines permissions to do
> nothing/read/write floppy/cdrom/usbsticks.
>
> How can this be done ?

Use my machine, for some reason, I have to mount then umount the devices as
root, and only then can normal user (my login) mount the devices..

very weird, but I am learning to live with it.

:S
--
Scott Ryan
Telkom Internet