Save me from spams

Brian Fahrlander brian at fahrlander.net
Wed Feb 9 17:30:19 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-09 at 08:53 -0800, arora.himanshu at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>              I am suffering from serious spam problem. I know that i
> can use spamassassin for this purpose but my system administrator has
> disabled this facility might be he thinks that it would slow down the
> server.

    One thing that'll help is to run Spamassassin with spamd instead of
having it reload the whole perl-thing every time; he might not know. He
may also not be aware of how happy everyone will be (on any mail client)
to set up the thing to autolearn, and all they have to do is drag the
spam/non-spam to another folder.

    I have a script for this, it'll save him time troubleshooting new
code.

    Good luck with it!
Brian Fahrländer                 Christian, Conservative, and Technomad
Evansville, IN                                http://www.fahrlander.net
ICQ: 5119262                                          AIM: WheelDweller