Palm -> kpilot sync problems

Sharon Kimble skimble04 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 17:40:40 UTC 2005

Matt Morgan wrote:
> I was just going to write back with all the udev-related stuff I
> learned getting my Treo 650 working in the last few days, when I
> realized that you are using a serial connection, where I'm on USB. So,
> two quick ones:
>
> 1) Is it still on ttyS1?

Yes.

> 2) Maybe the cable has gone bad? If everything else is really all the
> same, it could be the hardware. Try syncing to another computer, if
> you have one available.

Unfortunately I don't have another computer available :(

I've decided that I'm going to reinstall this Sunday, partly to cure this
problem [as I think that its mixed repo related] and to cure other problems
that have developed since installation on 2004/11/10, after all my full
backups complete and use the updates from my own yum repo. As their already
in situ it shouldn't take too long at all and be much quicker than
reupdating everything online.

But thanks for your help and suggestions. If I do come up with a solution
before Sunday, I'll post it here.

Sharon.
--
 17:34:59 up  2:31,  3 users,  load average: 1.03, 1.10, 1.14
A taste of linux http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/efever/index.html