spamassassin does not use bayes

Rakotomandimby (R12y) Mihamina mihamina at mail.rktmb.org
Wed Feb 9 18:36:59 UTC 2005

Hello,
On a dedicated server, I installed spamassassin.
If I change the configuration into /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf,
(ie. use terse report or report safe,...) the modifications are applied.

But there is an exception: the bayes usage.
I know spamassassin uses Bayes by default. If I dont mention any Bayes
related directives into local.cf, it doesn't use Bayes. Though I force
using Bayes into local.cf, there's no way: it doesn't use Bayes.

spamassassin is run from postfix as a specific user "foo".
I had a look into the user_prefs files of "foo", it doesn't mention any
Bayes, so spamassassin should use it...

Any other possibility to use Bayes ?

I alreday ran sa-learn as "foo" many times, and the bayes stuff has been
created under the homedir of "foo".
--
ASPO Infogérance       http://aspo.rktmb.org/activites/infogerance
Unofficial FAQ fcolc   http://faq.fcolc.eu.org/