gcc dependency generation

David L idht4n at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 9 21:32:55 UTC 2005

When I use gcc to generate dependencies in fc3, I get different behavior
than in redhat9.  For example, if I include a header file like this:

#include "foo/../blah.h"

in redhat9 I would get a dependency that looked like this:
testdep.o: testdep.cc blah.h

in redhat6 and fc3, the dependency looks like this:
testdep.o: testdep.cc foo/../blah.h

I prefer the redhat9 behavior because I generate etags files from
dependencies and in redhat9, my etags files didn't have the same file listed
multiple times (eg: foo/../blah.h, bar/../blah.h, etc).

Does anybody know how to get the redhat9 behavior in fc3?

Thanks...

          David