Notebook on Windows Network

antonio montagnani anto.montagnani at virgilio.it
Wed Feb 9 10:47:52 UTC 2005

Paul Howarth mi ha scritto / wrote to me il / on 09/02/2005 11.39:

> Denham Eva wrote:
>
>> I have managed to organize a notebook with which to work and am
>> struggling to get my notebook running on our Windows Network.
>> Please be patient I am a Linux fan and use it at home but a single PC
>> environment.
>> So I have managed to get the machine to pick a DHCP ip address, I
>> have Samba running so I can see the machine from the network.
>> But on the notebook itself, it only sees the localhost, does not see
>> the rest of the network.
>

> These statements appear to be inconsistent; if another machine on the
> network can "see" your notebook, your notebook *must* be able to send
> packets to the network and not just localhost.
>
> What are you trying to do with your notebook that you cannot do?
>
> Paul.

Paul,

it is not so inconsistent.
If I use the Network server from Linux, sometimes it freezes with a
white windos, sometimes I get the list of the Windows PC's,
sometimes I get the list of shares, but when I click no way to see the
list of files....and I can mount a Windows share only if defined by
TCP/IP and not by Windows name.
Something has gone wrong between FC2 and FC3: FC2 was working fine

Tnx

--
Antonio Montagnani

Mail by Mozilla Thunderbird 0.9 Websurfing by Mozilla Firefox 1.0
http://start.mozilla.org/firefox?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:it-IT:official
Posta con Mozilla Thunderbird 0.9 Navigazione con Mozilla Firefox 1.0
http://start.mozilla.org/firefox?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:it-IT:official