Safeguard for Digest Readers?

David Hoffman dhoffman2004 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 02:20:05 UTC 2005

On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 20:10:02 -0600, Eric Vought, Technical Director
<evought at diversityink.com> wrote:

> Would it be difficult to put some sort of check in the list server to
> reject posts which do not change the digest subject? Given the relative
> difficulty of responding to the digests, it is an easy mistake to make.
> Despite my best intentions, I have slipped twice and nearly a third just
> now. I would prefer to get an immediate bounce and be able to fix it
> rather than seeing it show up on the list a few digests later and having
> to repost.
>
> Just a thought.
> - --
> Eric Vought

Sounds like a great idea. Trying to follow a thread when the subject
line changes can be somewhat frustrating, and some people will simply
skip those messages, especially because of the sheer volume of
messages that are added on a daily basis.

Can I suggest you send that suggestion to the list management?