Multiple Passwords

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Thu Feb 10 06:02:02 UTC 2005

On 02/09/2005 09:00:00 PM, fly over wrote:
> Hello Guys,
>
> How can i have multiple passwords on single account. and please tell
> me what possible use could there be to have more than one password to
> a Linux account?

You want to do something you don't know what there is a use for? ;)

I think you can by hand editing the /etc/passwd file to assign the same
UID to several users - I've never tried it, but I have heard of it.

The scenarios are when several users need to work on the same project,
but there are better solutions such as putting them in the same group,
or giving them webdav access to the same server, etc.

--
Michael A. Peters
http://mpeters.us/