how can I override passwd?

Douglas Frank frank at zk3.dec.com
Thu Feb 10 16:21:24 UTC 2005

In setting up a user acct for myself, passwd refuses my favorite
password because it includes a dictionary word.

Hell I've been using this same password here at work for years, it's the
one I use all over the LAN and I don't feel like changing everywhere it
to accomodate whichever graduate student Napoleon decided to make passwd
use Linux_PAM.  If any of my colleagues care to crack it, I don't care.
  I keep all my porn at home.

How can I override the password nanny temporarily?

thanks
--
Douglas Frank
HP Co.