mgetty

Chadley Wilson chadley at pinteq.co.za
Thu Feb 10 18:45:54 UTC 2005

On Thursday 10 February 2005 12:05, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Hi
>
> > The TLDP how-to just covers thing I don't know about, I doesn't cover my
> > specific senario. ( As I would understand it)
>
> please email the document author with your feedback. we need more
> users to participate in improving the LDP documentation
>
> --
> Regards,
> Rahul Sundaram

Hi Raul,

I am prepared to assist as requested as soon as I get this puppy bedded 100%

Here is where I am at after following the instructions on the link provided
earlier:

I dialup and I get to logging on to network then the mgetty just dies and
kicks me out of my ssh session.

as you can see

[root at chadlap chadley]# ssh preload
root at preload's password:
Last login: Thu Feb 10 18:28:03 2005 from chadlap
[root at preload root]# /sbin/mgetty ttyS0 -D ttyS0 -s 115200
Connection to preload closed.
[root at chadlap chadley]#

How can I find out why it is dying on me and kicking me out of the ssh
session?

I presume it has to do with the authentication but I can't seem to get it to
authenticate.

I have allowed ppp0 on my firewall and I have also set a passwd for a user
copied from the example also ppp

please could some-one more knowledgeable help out here!

Chadley Wilson
Redhat Certified Technician
Cert Number: 603004708291270
Pinnacle Micro