[FC3] MySQL TCP/IP Config

Øyvind Lode o-lode at online.no
Thu Feb 10 16:47:00 UTC 2005

Hi

I'm running a Web Server on FC3.
I recently installed MySQL to support use of sql databases.

Now some of the users of my web server wants to use phpmyadmin which is
a php mysql admin tool.
To get this to work I suppose I need to forward the tcp port 3306 to the
MySQL server and someone told me that I also have to enable tcp/ip
networking on my MySQL server.

I have tried to look around and I checked the MySQL Reference Manual but
could not find how to setup this (that manual is huge...)

Can someone please tell me what I need to do in my /etc/my.cnf or can I
just forward tcp 3306 to the server and it will work?

-Øyvind