powernow-k8 errors

Saurabh Barve sa at atmos.colostate.edu
Thu Feb 10 21:01:03 UTC 2005

Hi,

I am running FC2 on a dual-opteron machine with 4 GB of RAM. I upgraded
the default FC2 kernel to the newer kernel kernel-2.6.8-1.521. I was
running the smp version of the kernel - kernel-smp-2.6.8-1.521. When I
boot into this kernel, I get the following error message;
----------
powernow-k8: init not cpu 0
----------
but the machine boots up fine otherwise.

The day before, I upgraded the system again to the latest kernel
kernel-2.6.10-1.12_FC2, and its smp version.

Now, when I try to boot into  kernel-smp-2.6.10-1.12_FC2, the machine
doesn't go past the GRUB loader stage. It keeps rebooting.

And when I try to simply boot into the kernel-2.6.10-1.12_FC2 (without
the 'smp'), I get the following error:
powernow-k8: BIOS error: no PSB
but the system boots up fine.

If anybody could help me out, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Saurabh.