cdplayer

David Fletcher fm_maillists at ntlworld.com
Thu Feb 10 21:29:29 UTC 2005

On Thursday 10 Feb 2005 03:00, mamadou wrote:
> got the same problems
> -the cd is on but where the hell is the sound ?
> --fc3 is unable to mount my drives
> I'd also like to know why is it so difficult to play mp3 under fc3 and work
> at the same time ? why ?
>
> and I wonder if those who claimed "fc3 sucks are wrong
>
> mamadou :-?  :-?
>

> --
> This is an email sent via the webforum on http://fcp.homelinux.org

I just built a new system and had the same problem - I couldn't get an audio
CD to play. It's working now but I don't know what fixed it when I fiddled
around with the sound mixer. But I do know that it comes through the analog
cable I connected between the drive and motherboard - the sound stops when I
pull it out.

But I've now used Sound Juicer to rip everything to Ogg Vorbis files, which
sound great played back through Rhythmbox. My only moan about Rhythmbox is
the slight pop I can hear when it switches to the next file.

Dave F