Repartition Hard Drive?

Kino linas.purinis at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 22:07:29 UTC 2005

OK, I will go into some details. If you selecting OS from linux boot
loader, you will have to replace the disk boot sector, if you do this
from windows menu, you just need to remove linux line from c:\boot.ini
(hidden file). In case of linux boot loader you must boot from w2k cd
and select recovery console. from console you must run fix mbr command
(help will bring you full commands list). I did run 2 commands, but
fix mbr will be enougth propably. This just replace linux boot loader,
with windows (will not do anything to the data) and after restart
windows will start without asking what to boot first. Then from
windows you can format linux partition into another windows drive (you
cannot merge it with windows tools). How to do that? Right click my
computer, select manage, find disk something and you will see your
partitions. Right click for more options.
P.S. But I suggest you to leave linux, spend more time with it, learn
and soon you will replace windows partition :)